I am Nothing | by Taia Colaitiniyara

Have you ever felt you're the most intelligent person in the room, and felt good about it? I have. Have you ever thought you were the most athletic in a group? I have. Have you ever thought that you've achieved things better than many around you and that made you feel better than them? I have.

God cannot connect with those who live to please themselves, to make themselves first. Those who do this will in the end be last of all. The sin that is most nearly hopeless and incurable is pride of opinion, self-conceit. This stands in the way of all growth. When a man has defects of character, yet fails of realizing this; when he is so imbued with self-sufficiency that he cannot see his fault, how can he be cleansed? “They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.” Matthew 9:12. How can one improve when he thinks his ways perfect? (White, E. G., Testimonies for the Church, vol. 7, p. 199)

There is nothing so offensive to God or so dangerous to the human soul as pride and self-sufficiency. Of all sins it is the most hopeless, the most incurable. (White, E. G., Christ's Object Lessons, vol. 7, p. 154)

But, if  ...my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. (2 Chronicles 7:14)

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. (Philippians 2:5-8)

Nothing is apparently more helpless, yet really more invincible, than the soul that feels its nothingness and relies wholly on the merits of the Saviour. (White, E. G., Testimonies for the Church, vol. 7, p. 17)

The world needs Christians who are like Christ; men and women who have relinquished control over their own selves and have submitted body, soul, and spirit to God. For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. (Romans 8:19) For ...as many as received him, to them gave he power to become sons of God, even to them that believed on his name. (John 1:12)

Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem each other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. (Philippians 2:3-4)

When I compare myself to the matchless love of God through His Son, Jesus Christ, I see how unworthy I am to deserve such a carefully placed love. When I look to the heavens, seeing the work of God's hands, who am I that God should think of me, who am I that He should visit me? 

What did I do to win recommend myself to Him? Nothing! Nothing at all! I am Nothing! Yet God's demonstration of love through Jesus tells me that I am everything to Him. He sacrificed everything as if I am the only prize there is to win, as if I am the centre of His universe. 

Oh the matchless love of God! My heart bows in reverence for such a wonderful gift! My existence is validated by the sovereign of all existence, my creator, my saviour, my redeemer, my King!

Comments

Post a Comment